This service will shut down on 2024-07-20
Read our post about it.
- The simplest way to force a monochrome terminal scheme (useful for e-ink displays) is to set the TERM environment variable to vt220 or another legacy terminal that doesn't support colour
- While some programs will still ignore this, e.g. git, it works in most cases
- Colour output in git can be suppressed in your global .gitconfig
- Credit to bsandro for the tips above
- While tmux recommends setting TERM to screen, I haven't experienced any issues yet